TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a unique, ground-floor opportunity to be part of an exciting Agile/DevOps movement on day-one! Be part of a team of Agile development and test experts to define and drive forward the methodologies that will be used for the next decade or more. We are seeking an analytical and proactive Configuration Manager with the desire to work in a team environment to support IV&V for Department of Homeland Security / Identity Management (OBIM). We are moving from a waterfall, manual process to iterating quickly and DevOps, so we need someone who embraces and leads change. .
You will work out of our Rosslyn, VA and Tysons Corner, VA offices, with occasionally travel to other work sites in the Washington DC metro area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and evolve our build and deployment platform including source control, build system, artifact repository, container orchestration/scheduling, etc.
- Embed with development teams to encourage best practices for continuous delivery and configuration management, providing training in CM tool use and process
- Act as a liaison between the development teams and the operations teams to build continuous integration deployment practices and supporting automation frameworks
- Maintain software CM tools (including open source tools)
- Implement build procedures that are used to support software product development, perform builds on a regular/daily basis with provisions for special build requests
- Support multiple releases and baselines in parallel and troubleshoot issues raised by developers and other CM analysts
- Collect and analyze software build metrics in support of Software Maintenance activities
- Maintain the Discrepancy Report (DR) database
- Evaluate new upgrades prior to incorporation into development environment and software baseline
- Update software development environment with planned upgrades
- Manage the configuration change conflict resolution process to ensure integrity and quality software configuration items
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 3 to 8+ years of experience with configuration management processes and tools - skill and experience are more important than time spent
- Intimate knowledge of open source tools to support continuous integration and align with DevOps concepts, including strong capabilities developing scripts to support continuous integration, and use of the CI/CD tools to support the activities
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Open Source tools like: Subversion, Jenkins, GIT, SonarCube, Gradle, Chef and Nexus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) background investigation (criminal, financial)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of DHS IT policies and procedures
- Active Current (or very recent) DHS BI EOD
- Experience with Biometrics systems
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.