TestPros is seeking Information Technology (IT) professionals with experience in Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility assessments and testing. As an accessibility specialist, you must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of Section 508, and on accessibility-related user interface (UI) best practices for web sites, web applications, and electronic documents (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in order to both accurately identify accessibility issues in developed products and to identify potential accessibility barriers and violations.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Section 508 requirements for IT software and hardware.
- Familiarity with Federal Government accessibility testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML semantics/tagging, hyperlink integrity, and remediation of Section 508 accessibility issues.
- Ability to perform audits, and validation testing on documents and websites.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Assistive Technologies, such as screen reader software (JAWS, WindowEyes), and Accessibility test tools.
- Write detailed findings to document identified issues and recommend potential solutions and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations.
- Ability to develop and deliver informative and useful high quality outreach/educational presentations.
- Ability to prepare and conduct training on section 508 related topics.
- Develop, manage, and maintain current marketing and outreach activities and coordinate with internal and external customers.
Education /Training Requirements:
- Excellent written communication skills for heavy documentation; verbal communication skills for training and development.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field preferred.
- Experience working effectively with several clients or project teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience testing electronic documents (PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Section 508 compliance is considered a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.
TestPros, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.