TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities and Duties
Network Administrators – must have this experience for network-fabric type assets, such as switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc. Must have 5-8 years of experience.
- Administer both physical and virtual network and network security devices within IAD network environments.
- Participate in the deployment of network and network security devices within IAD network environments. Participation may be limited to providing assistance to others, or may require the contractor to perform the deployment individually.
- Perform status checks on, and review status reports from, administered network and network security devices to maintain a day-to-day awareness of the performance of administered devices.
- Address failures of network or network security devices to minimize the impact to IAD’s ongoing security-related tasks and activities. This will require the contractor to be on-call to provide after-hours support, as needed.
- Perform configuration changes and updates of administered devices as requested by the System Owner (or designee) to accommodate IAD’s ability to perform required security-related tasks and activities.
- Participate in meetings to discuss potential change requests and provide appropriate input as required to ensure that approved changes have the smallest impact to the existing network configuration, but still enable necessary tasks and activities to be performed.
- Review vendor websites, distribution lists, etc. to remain aware of patches, updates, and upgrades available to administered devices, as well as security vulnerabilities which may be announced that impact administered devices.
- Provide insight and advice as to the differences between virtual and hardware versions of both network and network security device performance and functionality.
- Ensure backups are made of administered devices to facilitate quick recovery during outages, as well as to roll changes back to a “last known good” configuration.
- Ensure that the System Owner and ISSO are aware of any outage of administered devices which prevents IAD personnel from performing required tasks and activities.
- Participate in any additional activities, which are in direct support of actions required within this Task.
- Additional activities may include, but are not limited to, participation in meetings, consultation with other teams, or documentation of task-specific requirements.