TestPros is a successful and rapidly growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. TestPros delivers innovative independent IT assessment solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. We support the U.S. Federal Government and Commercial clients within the continental USA. TestPros is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, and Research and Development (R&D) services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The role of the Practice Area Manager is to lead the growth of TestPros’ services in a targeted technical or subject matter area. The individual in the role must be credible based on hands-on experience, be highly motivated, and enjoy performing multi-faceted tasks. The individual will provide a combination of technical, business, and managerial functions designed to grow the individual’s position within TestPros while growing the business. You will be located in Sterling, VA.
This position requires full U.S. Citizenship and an active or recent US Government clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide practice area subject matter expertise to develop/review deliverables, including documented best practices
- Develop and support the introduction of new IT services in conjunction with business development and delivery-area (Federal Civilian & Defense, Commercial) management
- Organize, train and equip a team of subject matter experts for the practice area
- Identify staffing requirements for the practice and work with HR to recruit the necessary talent
- Directly supervise practice area staff
- Provide guidance on career development
- Organize, train and equip a team of subject matter experts for assigned areas
- Identify training and certification requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of performance appraisals, obtaining input from delivery-area management
- Promote an “integrated team” approach
- Implement TestPros continuous improvement and quality processes (CMMI, ISO, COBIT, ITIL) for the practice area
- Maintain detail-level practice area awareness, identifying industry and target client trends in the supported practice area
- Work with business development to establish and leverage vendor relationships in the practice area
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of supporting materials including proposal boilerplate, marketing materials, process descriptions (e.g. BPMN diagrams, baseline WBSs), etc.
- Provide practice area support to business development and other delivery staff, including training sessions, attending sales calls, scoping potential projects, developing SOWs, etc.
- Monitor clients for referrals and add-on business opportunities
- Actively participate in industry-sponsored events such as technical presentations, council meetings, calls for white papers, public-relations events, etc.
- Provide delivery organization support:
- Support the project planning process
- Work within the deployment team to assign the right resources, and minimize lag between signing of SOW and project kick-off
- Ensure practice area staff adheres to current TestPros’ service methodologies
- Ensure practice staff’s compliance with deployment, quality and reporting policies
- Provide criteria and testing for delivery-area managers in various service offerings
- Conduct QA reviews for projects with emphasis in Practice Area
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction for assigned projects and for projects in practice area
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Certification or advanced training in the practice area, preferably via an accredited vendor training program, or an accredited Military or other Government Agency program as appropriate
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills – no exceptions! Ability to speak at group events, and to interface with customers. Experience in public speaking including presentations to senior executives
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience in the Practice Area
- Minimum of 5 years direct consulting experience
- Minimum of 2 years project management experience with successful delivery
- Familiarity with all statutory, regulatory regulations impacting the Practice Area
- General technical knowledge and/or expertise in multiple areas of information systems technology
- Knowledge of industry best practices in the Practice Area
- Demonstrated leadership and team development skills
- Demonstrated success consulting at the senior management level
- Strong organizational and communications capabilities (i.e., must be able to listen and understand and manage in a matrix organization).
- Solid project management, planning, organizational communication skills, and ability to scope prospective engagements, develop proposals and project plans
- Proven pursuit of continuous self-development and staff-development
Benefits and Perks
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid time off, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth, cell phone discounts, and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.
For more information or to submit your resume, please "Apply Now" or email Careers@TestPros.com