TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) independent assessment services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our capabilities include Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), and Compliance services. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The role of the Test Automation Engineer is to design, develop, and use test automation frameworks and test scripts using a variety of proprietary and open source test tools as the environment evolves to a full DevOps approach. The individual in this role must be credible based on hands-on test automation experience, be highly motivated, and enjoy performing multi-faceted tasks.
The individual in this role is expected to be a testing thought leader and identify, develop, and implement innovative test processes, practices, tools and frameworks. This role will be instrumental in creating a best in class testing capability and “Testing as a Service” organization for the client.
You will serve as subject matter expert on the development of test automation frameworks, test automation scripts, test automation approaches, methodologies, and requirements. This position is responsible for coordinating quality assurance testing activities including understanding business requirements, drafting test documentation, executing test scripts, tracking defects, and monitoring testing activity. This also includes managing relationships with our customers, interfacing application groups, and development teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Defining test strategy and test plans and reviewing them with stake holders
- Improving test coverage, reviewing and filling gaps in existing automation
- Conducting Risk Analyses
- Representing the customer, understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end to end user scenarios in test plans and automation
- Designing, developing, and implementing software test automation frameworks
- Building the test automation infrastructure to enable continuous deployment
- Executing automated and manual test scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, and performance testing
- Creating and executing SQL scripts to be used for test validation
- Creating and maintaining test automation to support regression testing of associated APIs and databases
- Identification and creation of reusable test data, particularly for automated testing
- Developing test artifacts, including Test Plans, Business Test Scenarios and Requirements Traceability Matrices
- Performing analyses related to enhancements to the application
- Reviewing and maintaining all project documentation in accordance with department standards
- Assisting with technical artifacts (such as Use Cases and User Interface Specifications) and engage in technical discussions
- Supporting testing of application and environmental upgrades as well as resolution of production issues
- Maintaining an understanding of current and new testing technologies
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of experience as an IV&V automation tester is required along with 5 years of experience developing automated test scripts and 4 years of software development, OR, 10 years of Software development and 5 years of automation testing
- At least 3 years of experience with test automation tools, such as Selenium, JMeter, other Open Source tools
- Proven expertise in developing integration and API level testing (SoapUI)
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and structured query languages (SQL)
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code for scripting
- Experience working in an Agile environment, preferably Scrum or Kanban
- Agile Scrum or Kanban certification (PMI, IC Agile, or other) preferred
- Expert knowledge of database concepts and query languages (SQL)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment preferred, with knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices, tools and trends
- Experience with Test Automation Frameworks such as: data driven, keyword driven, BPT, functional decomposition, linear, and/or hybrid
- Experience with source control and configuration management systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Able to write clean, maintainable automation with maximum longevity
- Excellent customer service skills and strong ability to manage business relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communications
- High standards of confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and trust
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid PTO, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.