BEST PLACES TO WORK
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
TestPros is looking for talented, motivated individuals with a passion for results and customer success, who want to become part of a growing company and perform important work that contributes to the well-being of the nation.
We have an immediate opportunity on an existing Information Technology (IT) contract, where you will work as a consultant providing subject matter expertise in Federal Financial Systems to support assessments, reviews, and oversight for the implementation of a large, comprehensive federal financial management system.
The primary place of performance will be Washington, DC, with modest travel in the Washington DC Metro Area.
Serve as an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Oversight Analyst on the implementation of large federal financial systems. You will assess and recommend industry best practices while providing an objective assessment of applications, systems, and processes on multiple government agencies. Conduct formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the software/system engineering life cycle. You will be supporting the Project Manager to develop and execute the IV&V plan, and you will execute all activities required to verify and validate the technical solutions and schedules.
- Work as part of a small team providing oversight and analysis of financial system modernization activities performed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its components
- Participate in meetings regarding methodology, strategy and approach reporting findings, recommendations and observations
- Participate in research on similar efforts, including financial systems implementation, management of federal shared service providers, and PMO support efforts undertaken in the public and private sectors to provide the benchmarks against requirements from the project's inception to its full implementation
- Participate in the development and implementation of quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Ability to actively research and demonstrate knowledge of the majority of the following:
- Risk Management
- SELC planning, execution, and O&M
- Integrated Master Schedule
- Data Management
- Budget and Cost Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Participate in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the systems engineering life cycle
- Execute ad hoc studies and analyses in support of the CFO
- Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Execute all activities required to verify and validate the technical solutions and schedules
- 5-15 years of experience with system implementations (preferably financial system), including relevant experience within the last 5 years
- Experience with Program / Project life cycle implementation support
- Subject Matter Expertise in systems implementation, audit, policy & planning, and/or financial management operations
- Preferably Experience the DHS MD-102 and supporting best practices
- Preferred experience in CMMI and ISO standards
- Bachelor’s Degree and greater than 5 years of experience (degree preferably in IT, accounting, or business management)
- Knowledge of the PMBOK (PMP certification a plus)
- Expertise with MS Office tools
- Must be able to pass DHS clearance / EOD
TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide mission support and IT technical support services to a wide range of Commercial and U.S. Federal Government customers. Our capabilities include Program Management, Program Oversight, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Software Testing, Test Automation, IV&V, QA, Compliance, and R&D services.
TestPros offers competitive compensation packages and both challenging and exciting work environments.
For more information, please submit your resume and questions to: Careers@TestPros.com.