TestPros is dedicated to providing independent IT assessments and security services. Since 1988, we have supported hundreds of government agencies and commercial companies with their legacy and Agile Testing, Test Automation, Security, and Accessibility requirements. We do Good Work - our current Dun & Bradstreet Open Rating Score is 94/100 based on responses from 50 clients.
Senior IT Security Specialists will perform as the primary security advisors on multiple systems at the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (DHS/CBP). Job responsibilities may address areas including the following:
- Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) functions to effectively accredit systems security controls and boundaries; establish procedures and resources for verifying effectiveness; and schedule of verification activities.
- Cyber Security Services functions to determine whether a system should be granted an Authorization to Operate (ATO), and that system security controls are implemented correctly and produce the desired outcome.
- Security Control Assessor functions to include planning, coordinating, preparing and executing Assessment and Authorizations (A&A) to ensure CBP information systems and technology are secure and meet all applicable security requirements.
- Provides support to plan, coordinate, and implement information security for federal Government agencies
- Provides support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of security related to IT systems
- Responsible for the implementation and development of the DHS IT security
- Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena
- Performs risk analyses and risk assessments
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff, oversees the efforts of security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to security requirements
- Serves as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for systems as required
Required Knowledge, Skills
Successful candidates will have a strong working knowledge of multiple following areas:
- Understanding of business security practices and procedures
- Knowledge of current security technology such as available tools, hardware/software security implementations, communication protocols, and encryption techniques/tools
- Familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology
- Experience with the Assessment & Authorization (A&A, C&A, ...) process, understanding of FISMA compliance
- Experience with POA&Ms, Security Authorizations (SA), NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53 Rev4, NIST 800-160
- Experience working with System Owners (SO), developing collaborative relationships
- Experience taking systems to full Authority to Operate (ATO), continuous monitoring, ongoing authorizations
- Experience with Continuous Monitoring, Vulnerability Management tools
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
- >15 years’ experience
- Understanding of how to determine when security discrepancies exist through knowledge of Federal/DHS laws and security policies, as well as current technologies and architecture
Preferred Experience, Skills
- CISSP, CISA or equivalent certifications (e.g., DoD 8570 IAM 2)
- Secret and/or Top Secret clearance (within the last 3 years), or current DHS/CBP Secret and/or Top Secret clearances, are preferable
- Experience with Xacta (IAMS)
- Knowledge of the DHS 4300 management directive, associated ISSO roles and responsibilities per 4300A/B
- Understanding the CBP’s mission, tasks and deliverables for process improvement and overall risk management
Benefits and Perks
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 3 weeks of paid vacation, 2 weeks of paid federal holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.